Saturday 3 March 2012

#100happy today - The First Day of Spring

Today I went for a drive through the countryside and it was 11 degrees at 4pm and the sun was getting in my eyes. This is a good thing - it means spring is finally here, hurrah!

I saw lambs and crocuses (crociii?!) and blue sky and tiny little buds on the trees.

Spring is the time of new beginnings and for me, new year's resolutions. To me, it's pointless making a resolution to be better in January, the bleak midwinter, because it's too cold and dark and I start biting my nails again by the 3rd.

The REAL new year starts on the first day of spring. A fresh start.

Here's the best of the spring photographs on deviantART:


^ "Spring" by ~aimeelikestotakepics


^ "Spring" by *007TINAR

^ "Spring" by ~loLO-o


^ "First Lamb" by =FriendFrog


^ "Duckling" by ~SzandorDuBois










and some tree buds by me :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment